UPDATE

I started this blog to update family and friends back home about my trip to Russia in 2013. Now, I'm headed off to Israel for about a month. If and when I am able, I'll write postcards to you right here! Enjoy!

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Busy Days and Warm Weather

Everything is happening at once!
We only have 10 more days left in our city and we are trying to find ways to spend time with each of our friends in as many different activities and dinners as possible.  It's all colliding into one and a half very busy weeks!  Craziness.

This past week we met a girl named Maria and got to have tea with her.  Like many other girls who live here, her parents are not together anymore.  And like many teenage girls who have internet access, she's been cyberbullied.  To what extent, I'm not sure.  But, we were able to talk to her and just be friends that day.  Hopefully we'll be able to hang out with her one more time before we leave, and connect her with some of our American friends who live here.


Maria is just one example of some of the girls we've made friends with here in Russia.  She's as sweet and beautiful as can be, but she's been through a lot.  The girls we've met need a pure Father in their lives;  One who will love them deeply, forgive them sincerely, and show them the truth.  Keep them in mind! :)



Some other things we did this week include:  practicing Russian with the owner of a small cafe near our apt., walking the Thousand Steps, driving up to one of the Blue Lakes, climbing a small mountain, having a big picnic with our American friends, playing volleyball, slacklining (it's like tight rope walking), and playing ultimate frisbee.  It's been a fun week.  And today it was 75 degrees!!!!  Can you believe it?!  It felt so crazy good to get a little sun on my cheeks.

slacklining
This is my awesome friend, Faith.
sitting by the river

Well, I need to get some sleep before this extra busy week begins.  I'll see many of you in just a few weeks!  Thank you so much for your support!  I think of you all often.

Stand Firm.  Press Forward.  Love Truth.